Saturday, March 31, 2012

Will he spit me out?

To The church of Leodicea AMERICA.....


"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see."


These words are found in Revelations 3. The Lord is speaking to the Church of Laodicea. The CHURCH THAT IS LUKEWARM.


Christians, Gods people, are the church.
Often, some of us get wrapped up thinking that the little building that we put so much time and effort into- that is the church. 


This blog I am writing is about something that makes my heart ache. Something that many people can take as offensive and directed toward them. Quite frankly, this blog is directed toward no one. Many, I know for a fact, will think I am writing this about and because of our latest church experience and leaving our church. I want to clarify and make a statement that this has nothing to do with that. Tho, through that, and before that, God opened my eyes to all this. This blog, I feel, can be directed to ALL churches in this area. I am merely writing to allow us to think, really think, about what we are really doing...as the Church of Christ. 


I go to church every Sunday. Sometimes, I even crawl out of my bed, that much earlier, just to make it to Sunday school. Worship, that was different. We would all kinda stand, hold this book in our hand and sing the words on the page. I never really though about or reflected on what it was saying. I was to worried about not putting my hands up or closing my eyes (through worshiping) I didn't want to be a distraction to anyone. 
Yup, I go to church on Sunday night too, I am one of the very few people that do. Then, of course, Wednesday comes around. I used to go to Youth group. The games and food were my favorite part. Then, We had this 20 minutes challenge on stuff that we all already knew. Then when that was over, we would go to Prayer meeting. I would feel so spiritual, Because I would constantly place myself in a group of older people and try to make up this long, drawn out prayer, over the few things on a list we HAD to pray for. About 10 minutes later, Our corporate, (empty) time prayer was over. 


^That, That is how I looked at the Church a year ago.My heart was not right in anything I was doing. Only by Gods mercy, was this all changed. Now, Church was empty, it wasn't about going through the motions anymore. I WANTED to go to church and feel the spirit there. I LONGED to be more refreshed, through being with other believers, -more then I did in my personal time with the Lord. When you go to church, aren't you supposed to feel EXTREMELY REFRESHED with the unity and fellowship with other believers. 
The Spirit was so far gone. WE WERE MISSING OUT. 
I then read this passage, in Revelations. The Church, and I feel like all the churches around, were so, LUKEWARM. God only wanted to spit us out of his mouth. and I Thought we were on fire for the Lord?!?
Would our community say that? Could people see it in our life once we left church? Was the Spirit really there? (After all, The spirit is what he left us)


These are all things that Really, really hit hard with me. 
Now, Let me clarify something before I continue. I do not look back and think the people who's eyes are blinded to Gods true GIFT, POWER, To our LUKEWARMNESS, - that they aren't saved. By no means. I merely feel like we have PUT GOD IN A BOX and are missing out on all he has in store for us. 


" Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me."


Ahh, Isn't that amazing. The Lord, is standing there...Knocking. Wanting to come in and bless us with all he has in store for us. Instead, we merely CRACK OPEN THE DOOR> only letting in what we want. Why can't we just OPEN the door and let him come in?
 Imagine the Joy that would penetrate our souls. The fellowship we could experience with each other.
Shouldn't we be Praying over each other? Rebuking each other and the strongholds of our lives? Shouldn't we be praying for hours (which seems like minutes) just asking him to penetrate our souls and fill us with his spirit? Shouldn't we leave church feeling so close to God, YET, so far, because we realize how wretched we really are? Shouldn't we be Seeking in the most intimate way ever. Having out Soul LONG and THIRST after him. 
Why aren't we real with each other? and why do we judge those who are?


We, the church, are in a battle. A battle for his kingdom.
If God has opened your eyes to this lukewarmness that penetrates our churches (the people) Then praise him, he has done a good work in you, nothing to boast about. I know personally, I still look at my life and see so much apathy and lukewarmness. 
We need to take those people in the back of the line of battle and disciple them, pray for them and bring them up to the front to battle for his kingdom. 

God has so much in store for us. Open your heart and mind to letting him show you. Open the Door, all the way, and Let him come in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment