Monday, March 19, 2012

Faith and Guidance





"Pst! Sarah, Sarah. Sarah, wake-up. Sarah, I have to go to the bathroom" 

These are the exact words I wake up to every night.


You see, I have a little sister, actually, I have many, but one little sister in particular is very special to me. Her name is Ava. Ava is a cute and precious little girl. She has my personality and adventurous spirit.


 I have the privilege to share a room with this little character. 


This has brought me to much complaining. (God needs to rid me of this)
A pet peeve of mine is having things organized. My bedroom, being the size it is, can not stay that way with Ava and I both in it. 


Lately tho, God has been working at my heart and allowing me to take situations that have usually gotten on my nerves to change me and mold me into who he wants me to be.


Each night, little Ava comes and wakes me up, having to use the bathroom. 


It is dark and she cannot see where to go.


She is scared.


So, I get out of bed, hold her precious little hand, and lead her through the darkness along the path to the bathroom.


The other night, While I was half asleep and leading her through the hall, a comparison came into my mind. a Comparrison that really got me thinking about faith and Gods leading and my complaining.


One thing I thought about was how I need to take things in life that look like, or can seem bothersome or bad, and give it back to the Lord. Honor him in it. see the pros. 


We cannot see what is up ahead, our road is going to be windy and dark.


Quite frankly, the moral of this post is, 
WE NEED GOD.
God will lead us in the way everlasting.
The Lord is our strength.
His word is a lamp to our feet.

Just like Ava asked me, We need to put our pride aside and ask for help. We can't go on the journey alone.


A verse I have been living by so much lately is

"Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart.
Lean not on your own understanding,
but in ALL your ways, look the the Lord
and HE WILL DIRECT your path."

In Mark 11:22, Jesus said, "Have faith in God"



Do you lack faith? The bible says - "ask and it will be given, SEEK and you will find"
Ask for Faith.
Seek to have faith.





This is my Precious little sister with me. :)
We are so fun.
;)


3 comments:

  1. Sarah.. you are so cute and inspiring. :) It's so refreshing to see people your age still focused on the things that matter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Superduper Man!

    I know Ava is your little sister, not your daughter, but I think this still applies:

    “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
    (Matthew 7:7-11)

    If you, though sinful, and though sometimes annoyed, willingly and lovingly guide little Ava, How much more God, your PERFECT, LOVING FATHER guide you when you ask for help and seek Him? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to that, and thanks so much for posting that.
    I wrote this last night before I went to bed and, boy, God was really testing what I wrote. I feel as if she was up all night. At one point (3:00) we just sat there with the light on and talked. haha

    But thanks for those verses! Our perfect and loving God sure will Guide us if we ask! Praise him for it!

    ReplyDelete