Monday, February 27, 2012

A Silly Leading?

Have you ever been praying for God to lead you in a certain area of your life or you have you merely just ask him something, and what he lead you to do seemed absolutely silly? I know I have. That is for sure. It has taken a great deal of faith to act on a lot of things sometimes. 
  Well, while doing my bible reading, I was reading through Joshua. Now when people hear of Joshua, most generally the first thing thought about is 'Joshua, Jericho and the walls falling down'. Now this is a story that I am sure many have heard in Sunday school class. I know I did in class, Our teacher had us all yell at once to pretend a wall was falling down. If you lead a class of some sort and are teaching them this book, I wouldn't recommend doing that. :0 anyways, While reading I just have to put myself in Joshua's shoes and try to think just what he was thinking. 
Vs. 3 "march around the city once with all the armed men. Do this for 6 days. Vs4...on the 7th day, march around the city 7 times with the priest blowing their horns, When they give a loud blast, have all the people give a loud shout, and the walls will collapse and fall down.
That seems pretty crazy and intense to me. I wonder what the people inside the city must have been thinking while listening and watching that happen. However the true fact of it all is, Joshua had faith through it and did exactly as the Lord said, resulting in the Lords promise being fulfilled. 
Listening to the Lord and acting upon his lead no only helps us, but honors him. 

I write all this, knowing that this is probably not new to many that will read it, but merely to encourage you in the fact that if you ask God something, Regardless if it sounds silly in our little noncomprehending minds or not, We need to Follow through with what he says. 
Sometimes in situations we will have to have faith in our Lord to jump in totally blind, knowing that HE WILL catch you.


1 comment:

  1. I like this post Sarah. (:>) Thanks for the reminder to jump in on faith and trust the Lord and obey Him!

    ReplyDelete