Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Being Different Made a Difference.


"Everyone is different." 
Boy, what a pretty obvious quote. I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to go to work, school, or the grocery store to realize this statement is true. Everyone is very different in their own, unique, special way.
While growing up, different aspects of my life lead to me desiring to be very different then those around me. I tried really hard to stand out. I desired to be "liked" by certain people, to be "known for something", and to "be good at this or that." 

No longer do I think as a child. I have put childish things away and now think with a spirit of maturity given by God. 

Now, don't get me wrong, I do still desire to be different, Very different. But not in the selfish foolish ways I used to. I desire to be a Woman of God. That, my friend, sadly, is very different from a lot of people I know. Something I desire to be with all my heart.
Often when I am kneeling before my God in prayer, I find myself praying something that sounds all to similar to my last prayer and those prayers before. I kinda find myself in a pleading sense.  
I am Desperate.
What am I desperate for? To be a Woman of God. 
 Never once did I ever think God would have enough Grace and Love to get me to the point that I was desperate to be A woman of God, A woman flooded with his spirit. 

Because of this Desire I have prayed a great deal more. I have sought a Great deal harder. - And God has revealed something to me. Instead of wanting to be a Woman of God and...That's it. It ending there, at it being just a mere desire, I Try as hard As I can to achieve it, grasp it, fight for it.
I am doing that very thing. I Have written up a resolve for my life. I resolve to fight for Christs Spirit, a Resolve to be different - and through being different, Make a difference!
Here is my Resolve...


I Sarah Kathryn McCarthy do solemnly resolve before God, My family, and Friends that....

- I will  embrace my current season of life and live with a spirit of contentment. 
- I will live as a woman answerable to God and Faithful to his word.
- I will be quick to listen, slow to speak and esteem others more highly then myself.
- I will be faithfully patient to my Lord in waiting for my future spouse.
- I will forgive those who have wronged me and reconcile with those I have wronged.
- I will not tolerate evil influences in myself or my home, but will embrace a life of purity.
- I will pursue justice, love mercy and extend compassion toward others.
- I will not dwell on negatives, but instead be driven off the positives and the joy brought with them.
- I will commit myself to learning "skills" that can help me impact his kingdom.
- I will make today's decisions with tomorrows impact in mind.


In no way is this going to be easy. 
In no way could I, a wretched person, even be able to desire these things.
In no way could I know what this will look like.

BUT

God has given us a Spirit of Hope.
God said he is faithful to finish the good work he has started in us.
God said he will lead us and never leave us. 
God said that I can do all things through him that gives me strength.
God is good.

I am willing to fight the world, AND MY FLESH, to be able to attain these God given Characteristics. 

Take a challenge my friends, Hold me accountable to these things. Challenge me. Encourage me.
Then, Get on your face before your God and ask him what he wants to change in you. Make your own "Resolve to change". Then, take Faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment